The Vision of ECE department is producing innovative, creative and ethical Electronics & Communication Engineers with a research focus and to be recognized by the society as an excellent department, offering quality higher education and providing the needs of the public.
Based on the Department’s Educational objectives, At the end of the program, the graduates of B.E of the department will be able to,
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling of complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
The graduates of the department will attain:
- Ability to understand the basic concepts in Electronics & Communication Engineering and to apply them to various areas, like Signal processing, VLSI, Embedded systems and to absorb and apply fundamental knowledge of core Electronics and Communication Engineering subjects in the analysis, design, and development of various types of integrated electronics.
- Competence in using electronic modern IT tools (both software and hardware) for the design and analysis of complex electronic systems in the furtherance of research activities.
- Excellent adaptability to changing work environment, good interpersonal skills as a leader in a team in appreciation of professional ethics and societal responsibilities.